Photo by Willi Glanznig
Ryder-Walker celebrates 32 years!
National Geographic named Ryder-Walker Alpine Adventures one of the “Top Ten Best Outfitters on the Planet” for hiking and trekking. Telluride Magazine named us “Telluride’s Ultimate Adventure Company,” and we’ve received numerous mentions in the New York Times, USA Today, the Washington Post and Outside Magazine, just to name a few. Please note just a few of the reasons why the media trusts us with avid hikers and walkers, and why you should too.
- Trekking Specialists. Founded in 1984, we've spent 32 years designing, customizing, and fine tuning innovative inn-to-inn hiking and walking adventures throughout the world. Three decades of specialized service gives us an edge over our competitors. We offer guided, private-guided, and self-guided hiking tours that explore the most beautiful landscapes found anywhere on the planet.
- Handcrafted itineraries. We can offer anything you like. Just tell us where you’d like to hike in the Alps, what you’d like to see, and how you’d like to bed down for the night. We’ll do the rest. Our longest custom trip so far is a 54-day self-guided hike from the Italian Tyrol to the French Alps. Would you like to organize your own private hiking tour? That’s our specialty. We’ll help you and your group design a delicious itinerary.
- First-class accommodations. From cozy wood-paneled chalets, to grand, old world hotels, we seek the inns that exemplify the character of each village and the charm of days gone by. From well appointed luxury hotels, to remote mountain huts, we know each property personally.
- Inspired cuisine. Cuisine is paramount and we enjoy inns offering the best in regional and haute cuisine with inspired menus and a fascinating array of local wines and beverages. Many of our chefs enjoy the highest culinary rankings awarded by the Gault Millau and Michelin restaurant guides. Two of our closest colleagues have repeatedly enjoyed Switzerland's "Chef of the Year" distinction.
- Meticulous detail. We take care of everything, from luggage transfer to taxis. You simply hike with a day pack and leave your "real world" cares behind. But don’t just take our word for it. Read what our guests have to say. Better yet, join one of our hiking tours, and experience for yourself why more than half our guest list includes repeat travelers.
*The Ryder-Walker Team consists of people that love the outdoors. When we're not out hiking, we spend our spare time skiing, snowboarding, climbing, cycling, paddling and more. Check out our affiliate companies to see where else we go, then join us as we explore the most stunning landscapes on the planet.